chelsearussell

Chelsea Russell's Blog

I grew up with a love of the written word. Writing is an art just like any other creative endeavor. Unlike painting with pastels, my words are my medium.

The Passage
J.R.R. Tolkien
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

NOS4A2

NOS4A2 - Joe Hill Some writers are able to draw you into a story from the very first page. I feel as though Joe Hill indubitably possesses this ability. You're constantly left wanting to know more and always trying to guess what may happen next. I can’t help but look forward to reading more of Hill’s writing because I know it’s worth getting excited about.

I absolutely loved NOS4A2 (Although, I’ll be honest, I didn’t quite get the reference to the old black and white horror film until my husband tried saying the title out loud. Talk about a light bulb moment ;p.). Vic was an interesting character. At times I didn’t understand her angst, but I admired her determination and grit. She made it through some pretty hairy situations and never gave up even though the odds were severely stacked against her.

I really enjoyed the “A Note on the Type” letter at the very end of the book. I was glad Hill left us with a little more to ruminate over. It was a nice little surprise :). After such an epic ending I feel as though it really added an extra little punch to the story as a whole. Amazing book!!