chelsearussell

Chelsea Russell's Blog

I grew up with a love of the written word. Writing is an art just like any other creative endeavor. Unlike painting with pastels, my words are my medium.

The Passage
J.R.R. Tolkien
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Mothership

Mothership - Martin Leicht, Isla Neal I was looking for something light-hearted and amusing when I decided to read this book. I’d just finished reading an intense dystopian and needed something to lighten my mood. I was a bit leery at first since “Mothership” is about a group of pregnant teenagers sent to live in a decommissioned space cruiser that’s been turned into a high school for expectant mothers. Despite my initial reservations, I decided to hold back all judgements until I actually read the book.

Well, I’m glad to announce “Mothership” certainly manages to lighten the mood ;p. Parts of the book were definitely cheesy, but I really enjoyed Elvie’s sarcasm. There were some great action-packed scenes, which was awesome. I thought the flashbacks were a bit tedious, but I suppose they were a necessary evil. As of right now though, I don’t intend on reading the rest of the series.